Monday, October 19, 2015

Basic is not dull



I’ve kept you waiting for a bit too long but here I am, still with the desire to help you organize your closet.
Though I had the intention, I got carried away and forgot to share with you one tip, related to those clothes that you haven’t touched in at least one year. My advice is: Get rid of them! 

I know you may have feelings for them, maybe you have a history together, or maybe you think one day…one day you will wear them again. The truth is you never will. They will just stand there, collect dust and grow old. Wouldn’t it be best if somebody else brought them back in the spotlight? 

“That old thing” for you, may become a new and important one for somebody else. So you can either sell them or even better, give these clothes for free to somebody that can bring them back to life.
What’s in it for you? Well besides doing a good deed by giving them a new identity or even two good deeds if you just give them away for free, you will also free up some space for the new clothes you want to buy. You know, the basic  ones I told you about last time , those items that are easy to match or, let’s be honest, any other new thing you are buying  so often (I know you can’t help it). 

Doing this cleaning up once in a while, you can always keep a fresh, new, up to date wardrobe  (by adding the new items you dream of) and yet keep it clean, tidy and un-crowded (as you got rid of your old items).

And to show you that those basic clothes are not dull, I’ll leave you with a simple black and white cool Amish-ish look I pulled off these days. A basic white shirt and basic black pants, sweater, hat and boots, you just need to give them your personal touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment